This Week in Food!

Unclean! Unclean!  The WHOLE family was on quarantine this week.  Wife had the flu, I had a terrible cold, and Daveman, we feared, would get both.  It was really a crummy week.  Since I was "less" sick, I was on cooking duty.  Which gave me a chance to dive head first into this:

That is 10 lbs. of ground beef ladies and gents!  Patty melts for all!  Or spaghetti and meatballs!!

I haven't cooked spaghetti and meatballs in years.  I think I felt it was too plain jane, too ordinary, too easy.  I know, I'm such a food snob :(.  But when you're sick and you don't feel like making a fancy dinner, you gotta go old school.  Spaghetti and meatballs is back baby!  (Oh, and sorry about the bad pics, didn't feel like takin' fancy photos either.)

Classic.

David thinks I've been holding out on him ... and I have.  Sorry, man.

Asian stir fry with ramen noodles.  Comfort for the sick.

This weekend we recovered and I figured out how to fix imitation cheap Mexican food.  You know, the Americanized Mexican food that is nothing like true Mexican cuisine.  Is it just me, or are there approximately 34 million Mexican restaurants in Alabama that serve the same food?  We have love the stuff for some reason and now we can make it ourselves!  Although, I think the ambiance is 75% of the reason we go.

First up: Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas

Ok, I had to snob it up a bit.  I can't help it, I have a problem.

So in other news, I am doing away with the blog schedule.  It was too much pressure to produce.  This is supposed to be fun and it was starting to get away from that.  So I'll be blogging more "free form" from now on ("free form" - phrase I stole from Alex.  Nice word choice, Al.).  So sorry if you dig the schedule, it's gotta go.

Speaking of... Alex and his wonderful wife treated us to some fabulous ox tail and polenta this evening.  Delicious!  I've never had ox tail before, but I must say "bravo".  Offal has been getting a lot of press lately... I'll probably jump on the bandwagon soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment