The Well Rounded Blog: A Historic Day

The Well Rounded Blog is the weekly post dedicated to things other than food. It is my effort to avoid turning into "That Guy That Only Talks About Food."


I must admit that I am excited about today's inauguration. In addition to being a foodie, I am also a American history buff. So it is not lost on me how historic this day truly is for our country. Our country was conceived on the truth: "that all men are created equal." The idea that anyone can achieve their dreams through hard work and determination is an uniquely American concept. Today this idea has become a tangible reality for ALL MEN.

Just to qualify, policy wise, President Obama and I definitely don't see eye to eye on everything. We'd probably disagree more than often than not. However, he is now our President and I wish him the best and hope he succeeds.

So, congratulations President Obama! Enjoy this day, you've got a lot of work ahead of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment