The Well Rounded Blog: Dance Fever

The Well Rounded Blog is the weekly post dedicated to things other than food. It is my effort to avoid turning into "That Guy That Only Talks About Food."

Tonight was "Family Night" for my sister's dance team.  Let me just say this: I am proud of my sister and am very much in awe of her skillz as a dancer, BUT it was pretty hilarious to watch a group of preppy white girls do a hip-hop routine in front of their stiff, loafer-wearing parents.  

I thought they did a great job, but what do I know, I'm whiter than Yanni.  I should have let my buddy Stephen coach 'em up.  He's like a white Usher.  This photo below pretty much proves that!
"Family Night" was happening to celebrate their big upcoming trip.  They have a national dance competition next weekend in Orlando (to be aired on ESPN The OCHO next month).  I've never attended such an event, but would imagine its a lot like that movie Bring It On, but for dance teams.  

Tangent: Did anyone actually watch that movie?  (note: I just laughed out loud (LOL) and thought to myself "Surely not".)  Au contraire, mon frere!  Apparently, enough people watched "Bring It On" the creators thought we needed a sequel (or four):  "Bring It On Again" and "Bring It On: All or Nothing" and my personal favorite "Bring It On: In It to Win It" (a fifth movie is in the works, two words: male cheerleading ... Yikes!)  

But seriously, they have done really well in the past and I'm sure they'll bring home the gold (or whatever they get for first place).  If not, there's always the sequel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment