The Well Rounded Blog: Star Wars

The Well Rounded Blog is the weekly post dedicated to things other than food. It is my effort to avoid turning into "That Guy That Only Talks About Food."

Why do Star Wars nerds get a pass for this?

I mean, I liked Star Wars.  It was a good movie.  

HOWEVER, I do not feel the need to teach my children the difference between a Wookiee and an Ewok.

Yes, this book is for 1 year olds, but somehow I think there is an adult man in his parent's basement who has a copy (in plastic wrap).

George Lucas, two questions:

1)  How embarrassed are you of your creation?  You single-handedly took nerdliness to a whole new level.  You couldn't have possibly thought that your movie would inciting such a display of irrational, irresponsible, and truly geeky behavior.  You do realize that there are super-nerds that have started a religion based on Jedi principles?  I bet you have trouble sleeping in your golden bed, inside your palace, paid for by the life savings of freaks, geeks, nerds, and losers from all over the world.

2) Wookiee has two e's?  Seriously?

No comments:

Post a Comment